Ray Kafity, Vice President – Middle East Turkey and Africa (META) at Attivo Networks, explains to Security MEA that the company intends to engage with partners and customers during the weeklong show as well as showcase the key solutions under IDR category.
What does your company do and why is it important for you to be exhibiting at GITEX 2021?
Attivo Networks is the leader in identity detection and response, delivering a superior defense for preventing privilege escalation and lateral movement threat activity. We attend GITEX to have meaningful dialogues with our channel partners and customers. Meeting our stakeholders gives us insight into the market and how to keep our position as a regional leader in our field. This event is a true celebration of the technology field’s achievements and will serve as a benchmark to the future of technology within the new cyber landscape.
What products or solutions will you be exhibiting throughout the weeklong technology show?
At this year’s event, we will introduce a new category of solutions called Identity Detection and Response (IDR), which is an umbrella for identity-based attack detection. IDR is about protecting credentials, privileges, and the systems that manage them. IDR is different from authorization and authentication, which focuses on ensuring the right people have access to what they need.
We’ll also be showcasing the five solutions we offer that fall under the identity security, which are:
Identity Detection and Response solution
- ThreatStrike: the first line of defense against credential theft and misuse. This feature hides credentials and binds them to the applications, blocking unauthorized access. Plus, deception credentials lure attackers into engaging and revealing themselves. Through misdirection of the attack, organizations gain the advantage of the time to detect, analyze, and stop an attacker.
- ADSecure prevents attackers from accessing information from Active Directory by efficiently concealing the real objects and returning fake information when an attacker queries AD to access critical assets in the network.
- The ThreatPath solution discovers hidden elements throughout the network that enable lateral movement, a technique attackers use to move through a network in search of assets.
Identity Visibility solutions
- ADAssessor, which provides continuous visibility to Active Directory (AD) exposures that are vulnerable to attack and detects advanced Active Directory attacks in real-time.
- Cloud Infrastructure Entitlement Management (CIEM) solution, IDEntitleX, is designed to deliver visibility and reduce the attack surface for identities and entitlements in the cloud. IDEntitleX expands the company’s leadership position in providing unprecedented visibility and prevention of identity privilege escalation and lateral movement threat activity. With this product, Attivo becomes the only solution of its kind to provide end-to-end analysis of identity and entitlement exposures and risks on endpoints, Active Directory (AD), and the cloud.
Which are the major cybersecurity trends influencing the Middle East?
Credentials remain one of the most sought-after data types by attackers, as 60% of attacks target them, according to Verizon’s 2021 Data Breach Investigation Report. When an attacker steals credentials, they extend privileges and compromise vital data in a credential-based attack. Credential theft is the first stage of a lateral movement assault and preventing it early on can have a significant impact on the attacker’s success and damages. With identity-based assaults on the rise, it’s more important than ever for businesses to be able to spot when attackers are attempting to exploit, misuse, or steal organizational identities.
How does your offerings enable organizations to enhance their cybersecurity preparedness in the new normal?
The new norm includes an increase in the usage of cloud operations. Attivo Networks’ new Cloud Infrastructure Entitlement Management (CIEM) solution, IDEntitleX, is designed to deliver visibility and reduce the attack surface for identities and entitlements in the cloud. IDEntitleX expands the company’s leadership position in providing unprecedented visibility of identity privilege escalation and lateral movement threat activity. With this product, Attivo becomes the only solution of its kind to provide end-to-end analysis of identity and entitlement exposures and risks on endpoints, Active Directory (AD), and the cloud.
The new norm has also driven a shift in security architectures. There is no longer a physical network perimeter and organizations are shifting security controls to identity visibility and detection solutions. The Attivo Networks Endpoint Detection Net (EDN) Suite, the company’s identity detection and response (IDR) offering, grew popular in 2021 as the technology became available to detect identity theft, privilege escalation, and lateral movement threat activities. The company’s solutions for identity risk visibility have also delivered businesses with new and continuous insights into exposures and attack activity that is targeting credentials, privilege escalation, and the systems like Active Directory that manage them.
What special engagements or events are you planning to network and entertain with your partners and customers besides meeting them at GITEX Technology Week?
Attivo Networks will be planning a networking dinner event for all our partners during the show.
What does your company hope to achieve at the end of the show?
Attending events where our channel partners and customers are present provides us with insight into maintaining our position as a leader in identity security, delivering a superior defense for preventing privilege escalation and lateral movement threat activity. We’re excited to showcase our new identity security solutions, as we are the only ones providing a solution that incorporates end-to-end analysis of identity and entitlement exposures and risks on endpoints, Active Directory (AD), and the cloud.
Where can we find you at GITEX?
Attivo Networks will be exhibiting at the CyberKnight stand, which is in Hall #1, Stand D25.