Fortinet today announced the world’s first hyperscale firewall, FortiGate 4400F, to deliver unparalleled performance, scalability and security in a single appliance to meet escalating business needs. FortiGate 4400F is powered by Fortinet’s latest seventh-generation network processor (NP7) to offer hardware-acceleration, making it the only network firewall that is fast enough to secure hyperscale data centers and 5G networks.
The hardware acceleration via purpose-built NP7 network processors of FortiGate 4400F uniquely delivers the first single compact appliance with security performance and scale that keeps up with the growth of today’s hyperscale data centers and enables the following use cases: High Velocity e-Retail, Cutting-edge research, Financial institutions, cloud providers and other large enterprises.
With the impending 4G transition to 5G, FortiGate 4400F addresses many pain points such as IPv4 address scarcity, growing mobile bandwidth demands, and increasing numbers of encrypted tunnels connecting infrastructure, which in turn holds carriers back from being able to support a large set of customers, by delivering:
• Carrier-grade network address translation (CGNAT) that enables hyperscale Packet Delivery Network (PDN) while preserving user experience with hardware-accelerated user session setup rates, low latency and hardware-assisted logging for audit and control.
• Critical scale for Security Gateway (SecGW) at 4G and 5G mobile for Radio Access Network (RAN) control to enable services providers to build high capacity networks that maximize return on investment.
• Allows service providers to differentiate their customer offerings by delivering additional value-added services such as parental control with technologies like URL filtering.
FortiGate 4400F showcases the industry’s highest performance with Security Compute Ratings up to 13x better than the competition. As a result, organizations can enjoy far greater headroom for digital innovation with Fortinet TCO savings and have the resources to respond to unexpected events.
FortiGate 4400F leverages security-driven networking principals to enable ultra-scalable, secure distributed networks and hyperscale data centers. Thereby delivering the industry’s best price/performance in a compact form factor for additional lower costs associated with lower rack space, power and cooling requirements. Fortinet also offers industry-leading automation and orchestration capabilities as part of Fabric Management Center and FortiOS. Additionally, Fortinet continues to be a proponent of Open APIs and is committed to supporting industry initiatives like OpenConfig with the goal of delivering automation to streamline operations.
The FortiGate 4400F, as a part of an integrated security platform via the Fortinet Security Fabric, also provides security for hybrid data centers as follows:
• Protection from known attacks with AI-powered FortiGuard services including web filtering and intrusion prevention system services.
• Proactive threat detection for any segmentation that a customer plans to adopt with a Security Compute Rating of 2x.
• Full visibility into threats and removes blind spots with SSL inspection including TLS 1.3 that is 6.5x better than competing products.
• Protection of business-critical applications and servers by offering virtual patching using high performance consolidated IPS.
“The FortiGate 4400F Network Firewall delivers unprecedented scale and performance that is up to 13 times better than comparable products. As the only network firewall capable of securing hyperscale data centers and 5G networks, FortiGate 4400F leads the industry in what is possible for data center security.” said John Maddison, EVP of products and CMO at Fortinet.