Fortinet, today announced that it has extended the performance, automation, visibility and management of the Fortinet Security Fabric into all types of cloud environments, spanning private and public Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) clouds to Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications.
As a Part of the FortiOS 5.6 software release, the latest enhancements deliver elastic, end-to-end cloud security for enterprises and service providers:
• Fortinet delivers unmatched cloud security scale, performance and value for private and public clouds with expanded virtualized FortiGate capacities.
• Enabling enterprises to pay for cloud security as needed, Fortinet solutions are now available on-demand in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace.
• Optimizing automation of public cloud deployments, FortiGate delivers enhanced auto-scaling and orchestration capabilities for AWS workloads, both on-demand and bring-your-own-license (BYOL).
• New Fortinet VM On-Demand pay-as-you-go licensing program for cloud providers and MSSPs delivers flexible pricing and automation options for end customers.
• FortiCASB is a new cloud access security broker service for on and off-network visibility and control of Office 365 and other SaaS applications.
John Maddison, senior vice president of products and solutions, Fortinet said “Companies are building out flexible and scalable infrastructure with the use of private and public clouds. As such, maintaining a strong and consistent security posture is essential. Fortinet is enhancing its security capabilities across private, infrastructure and application (SaaS) clouds through its Security Fabric. This ranges from increased scalability, new public cloud features and SaaS visibility via a new CASB offering, delivering optimal security performance at cloud-scale.”