Regional enterprises are ignoring the risks

In News, Research

According to a recent onsite poll conducted by Centrify at GITEX 2019 reveals that more than 90% of respondents indicated Privileged Access Management (PAM) is important in their overall cybersecurity strategy. However, despite accepting the importance of PAM only 35% of the respondents confirmed that Privileged Access Management is being used by their organization and the remaining 65% of respondents were either testing, researching or not even considering PAM at this moment.

“This onsite poll indicates that organizations in the Middle East are ignoring the risk of allowing administrative users to have privileged access without any controls. Globally, Centrify and others have found that upwards of 74% of data breaches involve privileged access abuse. What’s concerning is that we continue to find it’s not a lack of awareness, but rather a lack of action. Organizations need to prioritize Privileged Access Management as a top security project now, and do so with a modern approach founded in Zero Trust and least privilege,” Kamel Heus, Regional Director, Northern, Southern Europe, Middle East and Africa at Centrify.

The Centrify poll also found that while 42% of respondents are moving workloads to the cloud, only 8% understand that it is their responsibility for securing privileged access to cloud environments. The remaining respondents, either felt it was the cloud service provider’s responsibility or a shared responsibility.

“These onsite findings demonstrate a lack of understanding about the shared responsibility model when it comes to securing cloud environments. Without a correct understanding that it is their responsibility, it’s no wonder the vast majority are not using PAM solutions to secure cloud admin accounts and access to cloud workloads. Cloud is a new attack surface that must be secured. With the enhanced role of threat activity and involvement of state actors in the region, no organization can afford the costly impact of a data breach and the associated downtime of business,” added Heus.

Comments

You may also read!

LogRhythm offers special promotion for Remote Workforce Visibility to help organizations coping with COVID-19

LogRhythm, recently announced its Remote Workforce Visibility offer to help organizations achieve a broad view of and insight into their remote

Read More...

Malwarebytes launches endpoint security and EDR for servers

Malwarebytes, recently announced the launch of Malwarebytes Endpoint Detection and Response for Servers and Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection for Servers,

Read More...

IDC and Microsoft hosted an webinar to discuss business continuity and its challenges

IDC and Microsoft hosted an exclusive webinar featuring industry experts to discuss business continuity and its challenges, as organizations

Read More...

Join Our Newsletter!

Love SecurityMEA? We love to tell you about our new stuff. Subscribe to newsletter!

Mobile Sliding Menu